We are seeking the following:
Taos Integrated School of the Arts (TISA) – Director
TISA is a K-8 state charter school located in Taos, NM. Taos is in northern New Mexico about 150 miles north of Albuquerque. TISA employs arts-integrated, thematic units to facilitate academic learning. Our mission is to educate the whole child in order to cultivate in young people the skills, knowledge, and values they need to reach their highest potential. TISA currently has 170 students K-8 for the 14/15 school year and at full capacity, a maximum of 180 students.
The Taos Integrated School of the Arts, in partnership with parents and community, provides K-8 students in the Taos, New Mexico with the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through a standards-based, multicultural, thematic, and arts-integrated curriculum. Arts integration creates more meaningful learning through using the arts—visual art, drama, music, dance—as a catalyst to create broader and deeper learning experiences. Taos is a multicultural community steeped in artistic tradition. TISA provides students with a multicultural worldview while utilizing thematic units and the arts to facilitate academic learning. Our mission is to educate the whole child in order to cultivate in young people the skills, knowledge, and values they need to reach their highest potential.
The successful applicant will be:
· A visionary educator with significant leadership experience
· A proven leader able to foster a professional, collaborative environment and develop and manage budgets
· An exceptional listener and communicator, with outstanding interpersonal skills, who has demonstrated the ability to build respect, trust and collaboration among all members of a school community
· A leader with experience in facilities management, State and Federal compliance issues and grant management
· A leader with the ability manage the daily operations of an elementary school within the context of the school mission
· Hold or be eligible for a New Mexico Level III B administrative license
· Have a minimum of three years of administrative experience
· Be available to begin work on July 1, 2015
Interested applicants should submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Letter of interest
· References (including current supervisor?)
· Copies of appropriate licenses
The Director search will remain open until position is filled. For optimal consideration, materials should be submitted by April 10, 2015. EOE
*Substitutes- must be licensed with a current background check on file with PED.
Please click the link to open the Employment Application
If you would like to be included on our substitute teacher list, please submit a completed Employment Application, a letter of interest and resume.
1. Certification for substitute teachers or NM teaching or administrative licensure. For requirements as stated from NM PED, visit:
2. Background check required and on file with NM PED.
Fingerprinting is required for initial licensure
All applicants for initial educator licensure are required to be fingerprinted in order to establish positive identification for a state and federal (FBI) criminal history background check.
How are my fingerprints used?
Your fingerprints will be used to access FBI criminal history records. A license may be denied if the background check reveals a criminal history of convictions or felonies or misdemeanors of moral turpitude or other documented evidence of improper behavior that could establish unfitness for working in proximity of children and youth.
Who can perform the fingerprinting?
Fingerprints need to be taken by an authorized 3M Cogent site. Registration and information can be found at:https://www.cogentid.com/nm/index_NM.htm Select the "Register Online for a Background Check" option. ORI# to be utilized isNM920140Z. CLICK HERE for more detailed instructions.
When the FBI Report is completed the results will be electronically sent to NM Public Education Licensure Backgrounds
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
P.O. Box 668
Taos, NM 87571